Holy Week Services in Aurora
Churches Celebrating Palm Sunday and Holy Week in Aurora
- Maundy Thursday, April 18, a 7 p.m. service will remember Jesus’ last supper.
- Good Friday, April 19, a 7 p.m. service will recall Jesus’ crucifixion.
- Easter Sunday, April 21, a 10 a.m. service will celebrate Jesus’ resurrection.
- Holy Week Breakfast, April 15 – 17, 6 & 9 a.m. Topic: A Growing Appreciation of the Cross of Christ The morning teacher was Rev. Ben Ruyack. This event is concluded.
- Maundy Thursday, April 18 | 7 p.m. A Service of Towel and Table. Come to the Upper Room where Jesus shared the Passover meal with his friends and showed them the full extent of His love giving them the “New Commandment.” Communion and Footwashing was observed. Nursery care was provided during the teaching time. This event is concluded.
- Good Friday, April 19 | 7 p.m. A Service of Darkness. Enter into the pain and passion of Jesus as he suffers and dies in our place. This contemplative service, filled with music, scripture, and observance of the Lord’s Table in silence will focus on the Passion of Christ. Nursery care provided during the teaching time.
- Prayer Vigil, April 19 – April 21 | Richardson Chapel This year FPC is adding an element to our Holy Week observances with a Prayer Vigil that runs from the conclusion of the Good Friday Worship Service to the Easter Sunrise Service. A vigil is a special time to watch and pray in the hope of the Resurrection of Jesus. Participants will have the opportunity to sign up to pray at one-hour increments. The vigil will take place mainly in Richardson Chapel, though an at-home option is available. Look for the sign up in Murray Commons in the weeks to come. Contact Olivia Albert at 630-585-0711 with any questions.
- Holy Saturday, April 20 | 10:30 a.m. The Family Service is a short 30-minute service that retells the story of Scripture and concludes with sharing a special dessert together in anticipation of Easter morning. This 10:30 a.m. vigil will be held at the home of Casey and Katie Hartman. Families are also encouraged to attend the regular Holy Saturday service.
Holy Saturday, April 20 | 7 p.m. A Service of Expectation. This new worship service will remember the coming of the Light of Christ into the world and recount God’s saving deeds in history as found in the Old Testament.
Resurrection Sunday, April 21 | 6:30 a.m. Sunrise Service at 6:30 am in McCarty Park (Galena and 4th Street). Join us for an informal gathering of Christians from many different churches in our area as we rise early to praise our risen Jesus.
Resurrection Sunday, April 21 | 8 & 10:30 a.m. A Service of Triumph at 8:00 and 10:30 am. Celebrate the glory of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ as He has triumphed over death and sin forever! The Worship Band and Choir, Brass, Strings, Winds, and Percussion will lead us in our joyful celebration of the Risen One. Communion will be celebrated!
First Presbyterian Church is located at 325 E. Downer Pl., Aurora. For more information call (630) 844-0050 or visit https://www.firstpresaurora.org .