Contact/Submit Your News Release
How to Submit a News Release for an event or story to XPian News
(Thanks to oc115.com for the basic framework of this summary.)
The basic rule of thumb is this: KEEP IT SIMPLE.
- Write a 1-3 paragraphs about your event, including the date, time, location and cost.
- Include a link for more information and maybe a sentence or two about your group.
- Do not use bullet points, bold, CAPS, tabs or any other formatting.
- Submit 2-3 weeks before your event or 1-5 days for a news story.
- Do not send in PDF. Either send in a Word document or in the text of the email
- Attach (not in the document itself) 1-4 pictures that represent the event, including a logo or flier if applicable
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make each event a separate email if possible. A whole list is more difficult to work with.
- Be patient with XPian News please. This is a new and an ever-growing part of the site. If we miss you or mess up it is not intentional. Please keep sending them in and we’ll keep doing our best!
- When we post events, we’ll try to remember to send you the link. It helps when people share links – be it from your event or other stories you like. Consider the XPian News a community site that we are all working to build, and please help us do that.
- For additional guidelines see… wikiHow Write a Press Release
Founder, Editor, & Publisher XPian News