A few prayer requests for 2018
Opinion: My 13 Prayer Requests for the ‘National Day of Prayer’
Tomorrow is the National Day of Prayer… so here are a few of my prayer requests:
- That our government would extend and expand the DACA program
- That a comprehensive and compassionate immigration plan would pass Congress and become law.
- That asylum seekers would receive justice by the Trump administration and the court system.
- That prison reform at the state and federal level would become a reality.
- That our churches would show the love of Jesus and serve their local neighborhoods.
- That we would help children become all that they can be… by the betterment of public/private education and the strengthening of family.
- That the US would have a universal health care system… so medical expenses do not bankrupt Americans.
- That we encourage the passage of sensible gun laws leading to the decrease of gun violence in America.
- That the church would engage the culture and be “salt and light.”
- That we would see more unity of believers… Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox (including racial reconciliation)
- That our country’s leadership would exhibit high moral and ethical standards.
- That the persecuted church in world would be strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
- That imprisoned American Rev. Andrew Brunson would be released from Turkish prison.
John Ross on Saturday, April 23, 2016 launched XPian News, a part of Daybreak Communications, Inc. Ross is the facilitator of Aurora Christian Ministry Network (ACMN) and a member of the Fox Valley Christian Ministerial Alliance (FVCMA). He serves on the boards of Wayside Cross Ministries and the Kiwanis Club of Aurora. As a follower of Jesus, he has been for some 40 years a member of First Presbyterian Church - Aurora. He has an M.A. - Christian Leadership from Wheaton College Graduate School and undergraduate at Trinity International University. firstname.lastname@example.org